Ever since the company’s foundation, GenePlanet has been involved with various R&D projects and supported by various private organisations, European Union and the National Government. Our constant strive for new discoveries is what defines us, and enables you to provide your clients with the latest and best possible products the market has to offer.
Through the years of research projects, our scientists have gained invaluable expertise in machine learning systems, development of in-house software and advanced integrated algorithms – the key for complex statistical analyses and calculations, as well as for the automatization of various processes.
RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS
2019 – in progress | GenPSE – Genomic Ecosystem
Co-financed (908,254 €) by the Slovenian Ministry of Economic Development and Technology and the European Union, from the European Regional Development Fund (www.eu-skladi.si).
- The aim of GenPSE project is to develop an ecosystem for the decentralized management and utilisation of genomic, physiological and health data.
- Project addresses the approaches of acquiring, storing, utilising, interpreting and sharing of genomic, physiological and health data.
- The project solves the key issues, related to the treatment of data that, due to its sensitivity, could not be systematically collected and used so far.
Operacija se izvaja operacija izvaja v okviru Prednostne naložbe: 1.2: »Spodbujanje naložb podjetij v raziskave in inovacije ter vzpostavljanje povezav in sinergij med podjetji, centri za raziskave in razvoj ter visokošolskim izobraževalnim sektorjem, zlasti s spodbujanjem naložb na področju razvoja izdelkov in storitev, prenosa tehnologij, socialnih in ekoloških inovacij, aplikacij javnih storitev, spodbujanjem povpraševanja, mreženja, grozdov in odprtih inovacij prek pametne specializacije ter podpiranjem tehnoloških in uporabnih raziskav, pilotnih linij, ukrepov za zgodnje ovrednotenje izdelkov, naprednih proizvodnih zmogljivosti in prve proizvodnje zlasti na področju ključnih spodbujevalnih tehnologij ter razširjanje tehnologij za splošno rabo«.“
2018 – in progress | VNhealth – Entering the Vietnamese market and expanding the operations in Asia with medical devices and products or services for healthcare and a healthy lifestyle
Co-financed (216.828,57 €) by the Slovenian Ministry of Economic Development and Technology and the European Union, from the European Regional Development Fund (www.eu-skladi.si).
- Entering the Vietnamese market and expanding the operations in Asia with services for healthcare and a healthy lifestyle.
- Attending trade fairs in Vietnam for the possibility of presenting our services at a new fast-expanding market.
- Establishment of business connections with potential sales representatives and other business partners (“life science” laboratories, health centers, insurance companies, etc.).
2018 – in progress | CLOUDSCI – Smart ELN for Life Sciences and Industry
Co-financed (171.898,23 €) by the Republic of Slovenia and the European Union, from the European Regional Development Fund (www.eu-skladi.si).
- Development of the intelligent CLOUDSCI electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) platform for Life science laboratories and Industry, offering CLOUDSCI software as a service.
- CLOUDSCI addresses the everyday challenges of laboratory workers in a completely new fashion and create an intelligent electronic laboratory notebook that focuses on easy integration into existing work environment.
- CLOUDSCI’s aim is to optimize work in life science laboratories and increase competitive advantages of European laboratories on global level. CLOUDSCI ELN will enable complete laboratory and project management.
2018 – in progress | E-commerce – upgrade of e-commerce with companies in foreign markets
Co-financed (29.995,00 €) by the Republic of Slovenia and the European Union, from the European Regional Development Fund (www.eu-skladi.si).
- Upgrading of an existing platform for exchanging gene analysis data with existing and new partners.
- Adjusting the website according to the state of the foreign market which will improve our position in the global competitive market (more languages on the web site).
- More effective introduction of new products to the website and improvement of customer safety.
2018 – in progress | HI! – Health Intelligence
Co-financed (247.545,03 €) by Slovenian Ministry of Development and Technology and from the European Regional Development Fund. (www.eu-skladi.si)
- Development of digital health engagement platform that improves health, vitality and well-being of people through a personalised prevention programme.
- Intelligent platform that will enable users to optimize their lifestyle and thus influence their overall health, vitality and well-being.
- HI! will be integrating biological data (genetic predispositions and current status of blood biomarkers) with information from smart devices and wearables to provide recommendations and action plans based on objective needs in an attractive (“gaming”) way.
2016 – in progress | TransplantCheck – Non-invasive detection of organ transplant rejection
Co-financed (299.850,00 €) by the Eurostars Programme grant and Slovenian Ministry of economic development and technology.
- Development of non-invasive procedure for monitoring of potential allograft rejection and detection of the rejection before clinical indications can be seen.
- TranplantCheck test will recognize small differences in the concentration of the cell-free DNA from the donor and in this way detect the rejection.
- The project could significantly contribute to the field of transplantation as it will significantly decrease the need for biopsies.
2016 – 2018 | CCtest – Non-invasive detection of colorectal cancer and its pre-stages
Co-financed (297.771,19 €) by the Slovenian Ministry of Economic Development and Technology and European Union from the European Regional Development Fund: www.eu-skladi.si.
- A multi-centric prospective observational study in the field of early detection of colorectal cancer.
- Validation of specific set of metabolites using tools of metabolomics.
- Development of a predictive algorithm for highly reliable detection of colorectal cancer in its early stages.